In my previous post I talked about great foods to eat during the second half of your cycle and the mighty sweet potato was mentioned there.
Spread on whole grain toast or eat dolloped over roasted vegetables like Broccoli and Cauliflower. Deelish!
Total Prep Time: 40 Minutes
Cook Time: 30 Minutes
- 1 extra-large (or 2 large) sweet potatoes/yams
- 2 whole roasted red peppers
- ¼ cup Tahini
- ¼ cup olive oil
- Juice from ½ lemon
- Paprika (I use Spanish Smoked Paprika but regular is also fine) chili powder, salt and pepper to taste
1. Preheat oven to 425°F. Wash, peel and cube sweet potato and peppers. Season with paprika, chili powder, a little olive oil, salt and pepper to taste. Roast until soft, about 30 minutes.
2. Allow vegetables to cool for 10 minutes. Once cooled, add to a food processor or strong blender with tahini, olive oil, lemon juice and additional seasonings to taste.
3. Puree until smooth. Tip: Add small amounts of water to thin out hummus, if necessary.
Keeps for about 4-5 days in the fridge.